323 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
TOP 5 QUESTIONS ON TEXT MESSAGING FOR COLLECTIONS
For many, the mobile phone has become their primary communications device, and text messaging a key channel. 83% of text messages are opened within three minutes, yet few collections organizations leverage the power of this channel. Many collectors have questions about incorporating text messaging into their strategies and how to ensure they stay in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In this session, we will discuss the top questions received through our webinars regarding implementing text in your collections strategy. Questions to be covered:
- In order to contact a debtor on his mobile phone, do I need to obtain consent? What defines an eligible number to contact?
- For third party collectors, what do you do about disclosures? What about debt buyers?
- How do you know that a mobile phone is not shared or viewed by someone who is not the debtor?
- Do text messages have to comply with the same calling windows as phone calls?
- How difficult is it for a collections agency or an organization collecting its own debt to obtain opt-in where the debtor’s mobile number was obtained outside of the debt application process?