Talking Stick Resort
9800 E. Indian Bend Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85256
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
SINK OR SWIM? NAVIGATING SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN THE COLLECTIONS INDUSTRY
The ARM Industry is changing dramatically before our eyes. Every day there is a new change/wrinkles/impact to the business. Will even the previously “strong” survive?
The following issues will be discussed:
- Lower liquidations, lower placement volumes (particularly in Financial Services) and higher overall costs to operate
- Employee turnover , continuing recession, increased health insurance costs, housing crisis and the impact of the 2012 election on the industry
- Increased activity from State Attorney General’s offices and Consumer Rights litigation
- Increased State regulations and the CFPB
- The impact of Debt Buying
- Increased Focus on “Customer Experience” for both pre-charge-off and post-charge-off work.
- Increase in Student Loan Debt and Medical Bad Debt
- TCPA – Is there a solution? A return to “Transfer Agents”?
- Security Standards – How many separate “standards” do we need?
- Off-shore vs. near shore vs. on-shore